Monday, September 28, 2009

Rahul in town




9.27.09

So I was talking to Vishal at Garba the night before, and he mentioned Rahul, one of my friends here from before. He's working in Delhi now and apparently travels a lot for his work. He's one of the few bachelors left from his class, and they say he is enjoying every minute of it. He has all these pictures on facebook of him going whitewater rafting and traveling around the country. Vishal was saying he has recently taken up photography and goes around Delhi in the early morning taking pics.

These guys are so funny together though. You can tell they just enjoy each other's company so much. So Vishal apparently told Rahul I wanted to see him, and the next morning I get a call saying he is in town because he had just been to Baroda, a nearby city. He was only in town for a few hours before his plane left, but it was so fun to see him. He's another one of this class that's so nice and friendly and jolly. They were telling all these great stories from their days at CEPT and how even know, when one of the has a day off and is sleeping in, they will call him at 6 am to wake them up.

In the picture from left to right: Dharmesh, Kunal, Aparna, Vishal, me, and Rahul.
And the other is one of my salwar kameez I hadn't taken pics of yet.

4 comments:

  1. You should explain the different classes !

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, you should have lived in Sheidler when you were at bsu. You would love it.. All the indian students live over here.. There was a nice older Indian man that talked to me on the bus the other day. His upbringing became very apparent because he started asking me if I had children, then if I was married, then If i was with anyone. It was obvious he was just asking and not some creepy older guy though. And then when I said no about children, he was like, oh well you will because your man will want children. I wanted to be like..listen buddy! That's not how we roll here in the US, but it was kind of funny so I let it go!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That blue is good on you! I guess that a bunch of guys are the same anywhere on earth!

    ReplyDelete
  4. i don't really understand the different castes, it's really complex, so you should just look it up but there are 4 main ones. I had several indian friends who lived in Schiedler. In India, people will ask you all these questions straight out, like how much you make, how old you are, how much you're paying for you flat.

    Thanks, mom.

    ReplyDelete