Monday, September 28, 2009

Navratri at CEPT again

Karuna invited me over to dinner tonight. Gaurab is staying there while he is here in Ahmedabad; he bought a mattress and is staying in the living room. She cooks her food earlier in the morning when it’s cooler. They live way out off of Judges Bungalow Char Rasta just near SG highway, so I had trouble telling the auto driver where to go. I ended up just walking there because I remembered the way from Hyderabadi Biriyani. They found a place to buy chicken, so she made that, some fried rice, daal, cucumber salad, and fruit. We watched the Navratri dancers out the balcony for awhile, and a cricket match was on. It seems like such this esoteric sport! If I though football was confusing, it is nothing to cricket.

Then I went over to CEPT for garba. Richa was all dressed up with Vishal, and Anushrav and his wife Moksha, Dharmesh and Rina, and Vivek and his wife, Shivani. All of them except Richa and Vishal were from Gujarat, where this festival is the biggest, and you practically can’t get them to stop dancing! It’s soo cute. It was soooo hot and humid though, after dancing I was pretty much soaked with sweat and disgusting, but so was everyone else. They have a break at around 12, and I think I got back home around 1:30. It’s kind of an 8 step dance where you tap your foot out to the side, sort of like a conga, but you tap yourself around in a circle, and the last step you spin around and start over.

2 comments: