Sunday, August 23, 2009

My potential flat

I think Ahmedabad has changed quite a bit since I’ve been here. Overall it seems so much cleaner – far fewer cows, dogs, and wild pigs on the street. And it seems like there’s less trash too. They built a big new mall close to where our flat was before, and they’ve put in this big bus rapid transit line so there’s this big overpass. I’ll have to ride it at some point. Overall it just seems like there’s a lot more development. However unfortunately one of our favorite restaurants, Coconut Grove which had great South Indian food is closed! L Then Caryn went to see the flat of the girls I might be rooming with. The flat is really nice – I’d get my own bedroom and bathroom. It’s very similar to the one we stayed at when we were here before. The girls are really fun and interesting. Two are researchers at IIM and the other works doing financial stuff for a bank. They usually cook together and I think they were concerned about whether I could eat their food, so they cooked dinner for me – a Pulau – a kind of fried rice. We had been talking about how we liked chocolate, so Suman ran out and bought some chocolate cake for dessert.

2 comments:

  1. Is it good to see progress? How was Indian Choc cake?

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is really good to see progress. The Bus Rapid Transit line is really cool! Indian Choc cake is about the same - a bit dry but good

    ReplyDelete