Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Dress Up







My friends Vishal and Riccha invited me and also our friend Ruchi and her family to dinner at their place. It was a lot of fun! Ruchi translated to me for her mom about their cooking preparations for Diwali, their big holiday coming up. Vishal began talking about the different styles of saris in India, and so Riccha pulled out her collection and showed me the different kinds she had. She had several beautiful, elaborate ones from their wedding this past December. She dressed me up in one of them, a heavy, elaborately embrodiered, deep red one, and then she put on her bright yellow one from the wedding. We even dressed Ruchi up, even though she doesn't like wearing saris.

7 comments:

  1. Reminds me of you guys dressing up at MaMaw's house!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This had to have been such fun! Her red wedding sari is absolutely beautiful! Wish I could come and meet them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. yeah they are really fun people! I hope she sends me the one of her in her yellow sari, she looked so so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What are you eating at the table and do they always sit on floor to eat?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes, most people sit on the floor to eat, I think.
    Um, what we were eating...parathas (similar to naan), i think there was a curry with paneer (an indian cheese in cube form), some okra

    ReplyDelete
  6. OOh all those fabrics laid out look so pretty. That sounds like it was a lot of fun! Now I wanna go to Shahi Dewat and eat!!
    Oh, I saw in the news paper that the Indian group here on campus had a Diwali celebration.
    I'm gonna have to make you watch the Diwali episode of the Office when you get back.

    ReplyDelete
  7. the indian group on campus is a lot of fun! you should go

    ReplyDelete